image Follow Us: From 1 October Victoria will have new alcohol interlock laws. Anyone whose licence is cancelled for drink-driving (or riding) will have to fit an alcohol interlock into any vehicle they drive (home car, work car, motorbike) once they have relicensed (with a special ‘l’ condition) after their disqualification perioid ends. The interlock will be installed for a minimum of six months. An alcohol interlocks stop vehicles from being started if the driver (or rider) has been drinking. They can take photographs and will become mandatory for all drink-drivers whose licences are cancelled. Transport Accident Commission Victoria. ====================== "Copyright in the material on this website is owned by the TAC and may only be used for non-commercial personal or educational purposes. You may not modify, transmit or revise the contents of this website without the prior written permission of the TAC." Comments may not be published if they do not add to the discussion, are offensive, repetitious, illegal or meaningless, contain clear errors of fact or are in poor taste.